1.19.2010

L'chaim to writing!

I almost wrote a new post today. I had it all written out, then I realized that it wandered from one major topic to another. Can't have that.

I take a lot of pride in writing, and if I can't do it well, I start over. It's kind of bad really, I ought to put out my thoughts, abstract and partially formulated, and just see what happens. But I don't do that for two reasons:

1. This is supposed to be the antithesis to Jessica's blog, at least in writing style. Her writing style is almost stream of conscious, so I try to make mine more formal. Don't ask my why my blog is the stylistic antithesis to Jessica's. It's just an idea I had and decided to stick with.

2. I don't know you people. And while I'm sure I have a following of something like me, my mom, and Lisa, I'm not quite comfortable with putting being abstract and partially formulated in front of potential strangers. It's a scary internet you know.

Maybe I should have been an English major. I write just about as much as I play music, and that's often just because I feel guilty about playing music enough.

If I were an English major I would end writing because I felt guilty about not writing enough. Can't have that.

Maybe one's correct vocational path is one in which your passion overcomes your guilt. Or maybe I just gots issues.

(Okay, that's enough abstract partially formulated talk for today).

3 comments:

  1. I havent ruled out that I have the same rationale behind purchasing a physics GRE test prep book earlier today. I cant tell whether I miss math/science because it's truly a large portion of the lego blocks that make me up or if I just direly miss academia that much.

    I'll let you know the verdict when I know more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you and I probably suffer from what Jane Austen called a hesitation to say anything unless it would "amaze the whole room." Yes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog, and I fully support it being the antithesis of mine.

    I shall now lay out a list of topics which I am requiring you to blog about. These are topics which make you different from me, and therefore my antithesis. They may be completed in any order you wish:

    1. Being a man
    2. Having a beard

    That's it for now. When inspiration strikes me, I will alert you to further topics I require you to blog about.

    Happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete